Monday 25 March 2013

Doody Time...!

2minute update: Monday: rest day after the big weekend! This was the last weekend we had 8 services at our Danks Street campus... #wow. Starting next week we split to 2 locations with 1 City campus, about a 10 minute drive from each other - Danks & Doody Streets (yep... it is a pretty awesome name...) and we're going to start recruiting like mad to have enough team for all the services. It'll start a stretch but we'll have SO much more room for everyone... and the capacity for 14 services!! Time to hit the ground running...

2min revelation: I've been thinking about how we think about God's love. I think it can be kind of a fuzzy topic. I mean, love? Who's ever been able to define love? So I was thinking about what it's like when I love someone... how do I act, or show it? ((and no, there's no special someone, just in general :-P)) So I want to spend time with them - I want to be there for them - I'm distressed when they're distressed - I think of them often... etc. All the things that humans love like I can think about God loving like - He passionately loves humanity infinitely more & loves me. I can rely on that; it's a solid ground to stand on.

Wrap-up: Easter weekend is coming up... I've kind of up until now just been thinking "there's so much to be done! What a manic time it's going to be!"... but Easter is so exciting! It's literally a time purely to worship and think on what Christ has done for us... He loved us enough that He'd do anything, so He did. He loved me too much to leave me in sin, to leave me alone. So He didn't; He sacrificed everything.

Oops, that was 8 minutes. Time to sign off...!

No comments:

Post a Comment